The Personal Banker is an entry level position responsible for the assistance in the execution of sales, products or service activities in coordination with the customer service team. The overall objective of this role is to foster relations with customers to build loyalty and to help increase sales to individual consumer clients.
- Leverage Citi's customer leads and other lead generation techniques (e.g., referrals, phone and community outreach) to identify new prospects and cross-selling opportunities with current clients
- Discuss background/needs of prospect and clearly communicate potential solutions
- Execute integrated sales, relationship, credit strategies and outbound sales activities (e.g., phone out-reach, community events)
- Cultivate partnerships with segment partners (e.g. Commercial and Small Business, Home Lending, Citigold) to obtain and provide referrals
- On-board, resolve service issues and schedule periodic check-points with clients to provide value-added services
- Understand and adhere to operational controls to ensure the safety and security of assets
- Coach tellers and staff on products and special programs, identifying client needs, and providing appropriate referrals
- Reach sales goals with particular focus on credit goals, portfolio growth, cross-selling, new clients and retention of current clients
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Previous relevant experience
- Banking, retail or other related sales and service experience preferred
- Able to articulate product/service information to clients
- Proficient computer skills and use of banking technologies
- Register as a mortgage loan originator with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry ("Registry") and obtain a unique identifier from the Registry before engaging in mortgage loan originator activities
- Bachelor's Degree/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Job Family Group:Consumer Sales
Job Family:Branch Sales
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the "EEO is the Law" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting