Job descriptionAbout Worldline
Worldline is the European leader in digital payments and number four worldwide, powered by over 20,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Every day, our technology provides the trusted infrastructure for millions of people and businesses around the world - and we´re just getting started. We are on an exciting journey to lead the way towards the next frontier of payments. Our ambitions are extraordinarily high, and we need the best people in the world to bring them to life – people like you.
- Lead technical discussions with cross-domain teams within the company and provide solutioning towards business requirements.
- Lead the entire lifecycle such as development planning, estimating, system analysis, design, development, implementation and documentation for customer project or product development.
- Become expert in own business domain.
- Responsible in evaluation of technical feasibility and provide a good technical recommendation to business.
- Contribute to the design and development of software solutions by understanding business challenges, assist in designing frameworks with security, scalability, and performance considerations, develop prototypes quickly, and create robust, high-volume production applications.
- Develop, test, and optimize solutions and backend code for web-based applications.
- Perform integration, troubleshooting, and maintenance of developed solutions as needed.
- Document work as needed in an organized manner.
- Work in collaborative teams with domain experts and others based on project scope.
- Lead a technical training for internal and external stakeholders to educate them on best practices and new solutions.
- Work closely with the Pre-Sales/ Sales teams to resolve client issues, prioritize, and build market or vertical plans for technical services.
- Assist to define the roadmap, goals, and vision for the product.
- Assist in defining product technical architecture.
- Applying best practices and standard operating procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications, Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of 7 years professional experience in design, development and implementation of Java application with proven practical experience.
- 5+ years relevant experience building large-scale infrastructure applications or similar experience.
- Expertise experience in the Card Payment/Digital Payment/Banking industry.
- Expert in object-oriented design, data structures and algorithms.
- Expertise experience in Java technologies, frameworks, API, SOAP/RESTful web services, Junit.
- Database experience with SQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, or similar database technologies.
- Experience designing, analyzing and improving efficiency, scalability, and stability of various system resources.
- Experience owning a particular component, feature or system.
- Experience building and shipping high quality work and achieving high reliability.
- Experience improving stability through thoughtful code reviews, appropriate testing, proper rollout, monitoring, and proactive changes.
- Experience in utilizing data and analysis to explain technical problems and providing detailed feedback and solutions.
- Experience with Linux environment including Shell scripting and software packaging.
- Experience with continuous integration, release management and monitoring.
- Good understanding in building reliable and scalable backend applications leveraging microservices architecture, messaging, streaming, batch processing and variety of technologies.
- Have exposure in Cloud Services Platform, Docker containers, Kubernetes, OpenShift, etc.
- Ability to work independently and lead a project.
- Experience working with clients and business partners.
- Customer-facing experience translating technical concepts and solutions to non-technical audiences.
- Proficiency with engineering tools including IDEs, debugger, profilers, version control systems such as GitLab, Git, Maven, Jenkins, JIRA, Confluence Wiki, Artifactory, and etc.
- Excellent knowledge of agile software development methodologies and industry best practices.
- Genuine interest in technology, software development as well as high levels of self-motivation.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communications skills.
- Strong English communication skill (written and oral).
- Willing to travel when needed.
Grow with us, create tomorrow At Worldline, we are dedicated to helping our people unlock their full potential - both professionally and personally. With comprehensive training and development programs, expert communities, and global mobility programs, you will always be able to develop and grow at Worldline - wherever you want to go and whatever you want to do. We also offer flexible hours and remote working, to empower you to be your best self at work and at home. 8 in 10 Worldliners consider Worldline a friendly place to work, and 9 in 10 are satisfied with the training & development they receive. Worldline is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Learn more about life at Worldline on careers.worldline.com .
Job Segment: Application Developer, Pre-Sales, Developer, Testing, Computer Science, Technology, Sales