Job descriptionJob no: 512643
Work type: Full time
Location: Bali, Indonesia, Siem Reap, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Categories: Wholesale & Product
About the Opportunity
A dynamic and impactful role within the Grasshopper Team, the Marketing Coordinator, with oversight from the Marketing Manager, is responsible for presenting, promoting, and communicating the Grasshopper brand and products to the public. Your key goals will be to reinforce brand identity, increase brand recognition, and promote our travel products to both new and existing audiences through a variety of communications channels and platforms, ultimately driving sales.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Content creation and publishing (for social media, video platforms, Press Releases, blog articles, regular newsletters, catalogues, brochures, direct mail and EDM marketing) is a key component of our marketing communication strategy and, as such, a major component of this role.
- Regular upkeep and optimization of the brand website, in partnership with our contracted developers.
- Maintain and manage customer database and marketing lists, and work with the Marketing Manager, Sales teams and Developers to improve collection and use of data.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role – travel industry would be desirable.
- Native-level fluency in both written and spoken English.
- Familiarity with WordPress, Mailchimp (or similar), Microsoft Office 365 (Excel in particular), social media platforms: Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn (specifically posting for business), Canva, Photoshop (or similar).
- Experience using a CRM platform.
- Demonstrated track record B2C marketing experience ideally within the travel industry.
- Demonstrated ability to take a product and/or promotional concept to market.
- Demonstrated track record of publishing blogs, Press Releases and other written content, ideally within the travel industry.
- An all-round content specialist, comfortable working with text, images, and video across a variety of popular platforms and channels.
- A good understanding of branding and marketing principles.
- Digital & web design experience with the ability to be hands on if needed.
- Ability to tell a story creatively and bring a product to life.
- A hands-on attitude, willing to get stuck into a new project.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Highly motivated, self-starter prepared to do what it takes to succeed.
- Creative and an outside-of-the-box thinker.
- Travel experience throughout Asia/Americas is a plus.
Grasshopper Adventures is the leader in Asia bike tours and the newest brand at the Flight Centre Travel Group, through ownership by Discova, a global Destination Management Company. We have 17 years’ experience in delivering inspired bike and active adventures throughout Asia. The Grasshopper Adventures team see ourselves as enabling our guests to:
- Create lifelong memories through inspired travel
- Escape the monotony and distraction of daily life
- Explore the world and learn from what they see and experience
- Connect with nature and people and reinvigorate their senses
We work globally, we live locally and we are a compact, efficient team, ready to welcome our newest team member!
Finally, if you are successful, you will find out that working with Discova is more than just a job. To be part of the Discova family is to be in your element. We offer an exciting career progression globally and a fantastic and supportive team culture and social events that are the envy of the industry.
Get in touch now and Discova a world of possibilities!