Job descriptionLocation Jakarta Work Type Permanent Application Posted March 11, 2022
About the Role
As our People Business Partner for the Gojek Corporate team, you'll be a seasoned and strategic People and Culture (PAC) thought partner to a specific set of Corporate functions. Like a superhero, you'll trade between business imperatives and the needs of our GoTroops, contributing hands-on efforts at the strategic level in partnership with relevant client groups, mostly at the executive rank and above. Starting as an individual contributor, your role may evolve into leading a team of one or more People Business Partners down the road. You'll get ample opportunity to work on a variety of global projects, acting as a thought-leader by sharing your knowledge, experience, and people-related best practices among the broader PAC team across the Gojek ecosystem.
What You Will Do
- Develop effective ongoing relationships with Corporate leaders, establishing yourself as a credible, trusted, respected, and valued thought partner
- Act as a trusted liaison for the organizations you partner with (within the manager and employee base for each client group)
- Provide PAC programmatic partnership on cyclical, COE-driven initiatives (e.g. engagement survey analysis, communication, and planning execution; mid-year and year-end pay and promo planning; talent management; performance reviews)
- Provide leaders with advice and guidance around their organizational structure to optimize for business objectives in a highly matrixed and dynamic commercial environment
- Understand your client groups’ key talent, their strengths, and development needs, and actively participate in talent management discussions with relevant leaders
- Be an active contributor in Corporate People Business Partner team meetings, and challenge ideas and ‘the status quo’ while offering up solutions based on your experience working in similar fast-paced environments
- Drive global projects through to completion, engaging with Leaders where necessary to achieve relevant outcomes
- Where applicable, lead and coach a team of Business Partners by example and with compassion Conduct 1x1s with team members - hold development discussions, provide meaningful redirection, and reinforce feedback in a psychologically safe and supportive manner
What You Will Need
- At least 8 years of demonstrated People Business Partner experience (or equivalent) within online or technology-focused organizations
- Experience leading teams of people in a People and Culture setting
- Experience delivering projects, like talent development and/or recognition programs, across regions and functions
- Experience working within an entrepreneurial organizational/fast-growing culture is preferred
- Strong ability to generate innovative HR solutions that suitable and appropriate for Gojek
- Comfortable challenging the status quo; a self-starter attitude with the ability to embrace new opportunities and always sees things through to completion
- Strong analytical thinking skills in order to analyze people’s data and trends in the Gojek ecosystem
- Ability to work at a quick pace whilst maintaining appropriate attention to detail and ethical standards
About the Team
The Corporate People Business Partner (PBP) team is a newly formed team of 6, reporting to the Head of Corporate People Business Partners based in Singapore. Our goal is to ensure our Global Corporate teams are best positioned to deliver exceptional work, and are optimally structured to ensure Gojek meets or exceeds its ambitious set of business objectives.
Each PBP team member partners with at least one Executive-level leader on areas such as organization, design, effectiveness, workforce planning, change management planning & intervention, talent management, and delivery of COE/PBP co-created cyclical programs (e.g. pay and promo cycle, engagement surveys, and talent reviews). This is a bona fide PBP role, with a need for strategic partnering & influencing at the highest levels of our 5,000+ employee organization. This is also an extremely exciting time for our team given our vast growth, our market positioning, and where we are on our PAC roadmap.
As a new team member, you can expect a highly-supportive environment where you will be able to leverage your experience to make a real and measurable difference to Gojek’s organizational and leadership efficacy. You’ll have plenty of autonomy and help when you need it. We don't expect everything to be smooth sailing and fall perfectly into place, especially given how quickly we are scaling and how fast things can change. So, if you have the resilience and growth mindset to help us scale towards making Gojek the #1 place to work in the region, we'd love to hear from you.
Gojek is a Super App. It is one app for ordering food, commuting, digital payments, shopping, hyper-local delivery, and a dozen other products. We are Indonesia’s first decacorn. We are also the only Southeast Asian startup to be part of Fortune's list of 'Companies That Changed The World.'
Our Mission: To create and scale positive socio-economic impact for our customers, driver-partners, business, and MSMEs.
As of 2018, Gojek processed more than $9 billion in annualized gross transaction value across all markets where it operates - in Singapore, Vietnam, and Indonesia. We have the largest food delivery product in Asia (outside of China) and is the largest payments wallet in Southeast Asia.
Gojek contributed IDR 249 T to the Indonesian economy (equivalent to 2% of Indonesia's GDP in 2020). As of Q1 2021, the Gojek App witnessed over 190mn downloads by customers. The platform has over 2mn Driver Partners & ~900000 Merchant Partners across SEA.
About GoTo Financial
GoTo Financial brings secure, reliable, and user-friendly financial solutions to over 55 million monthly active users, more than 14 million merchants, and over 2.5 million driver-partners eager to benefit from the digital economy in the GoTo ecosystem.
GoTo Financial’s consumer services include GoPay, GoPayLater, and other financial services. We also serve businesses of all sizes through leading payment gateway Midtrans, Indonesia’s largest cloud POS network Moka and GoKasir. We also have the all-in-one merchant solution GoBiz, GoBiz Plus, GoStore, and Selly - available in Indonesia and Southeast Asia.Gojek and GoTo Financial are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and are equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, education status, or any other legally protected status.