OrganisationEgis is a global consulting and engineering firm working in construction, transport and mobility services. Our mission: create and operate intelligent infrastructure and buildings to further the transition to a low-carbon economy and contribute to more balanced and sustainable territorial development.
To support our growth dynamic, we offer a wide variety of career opportunities in more than 120 countries.
Joining our Group and its 16,000 employees means, above all, sharing our values as a people-first company, strongly committed to sustainability and innovation.
Managing Director (Infrastructure Engineering & Consulting) M/F
The Country Managing Director role is to provide leadership to achieve profitability and growth of the Egis Group business as well as unify various business units in the country for efficient and cost effective operation in the respective country, in line with objectives assigned by APAC CEO and in full respect of Egis Values and Ethics standards. This includes maintaining excellent business relations with existing clients as well as developing portfolio of new clients & opportunities.
The Country Managing Director is the representative of the group in the country with the following responsibilities:
1) Business strategy and growth
- The Country Manager will be located in the country, develop strategic plan for the respective country in collaboration with regional domain leaders.
- Implement and achieve the business plan in terms of budgeted Turnover, Gross Margin and Net Profit, and Cash Flow targets in conjunction with regional domain leaders as well as business developers.
- Develop local market and client network, create and bring in business opportunities for various businesses in the country.
- Monitor and actively participate in all potential tenders within the country at all stages from detection to delivery, in close coordination with Tender Unit and Domain leaders, whenever applicable;
- Build up and grow local teams with technical delivery and project management capabilities in conjunction with regional domain leaders to fulfill Egis regional growth target.
- Collaborate with other country MDs on business opportunities and resources sharing to achieve order intake targets and project executions with high quality and efficiency.
- Work with the regional SID and CEO to identify M&A targets, communicate with regional domain leaders and the regional team for M&A activities in the country.
- Participate in the APAC executive committee, attend management meetings and contribute proactively to the growth of the region and achieve the business plan.
2) Operation management and excellence
- Report to APAC CEO in terms of operation, business development, achievement and growth in the country.
- Manage Egis people employed in/seconded to the country, integrate and supervise all local support services including Finance, Human Resources, Legal, IT, Administration in close collaboration with APAC regional support services.
- Responsible for overall operation of the business in the country as well as the safety and well-being of all employees, safeguard company funds and properties.
- Ensure regular and timely reporting of accurate information on the performance of the Country.
3) Ethics and Brand promotion
- Perform as Egis representative in the county and uphold Egis Values (Ethics, standards & procedures).
- Promote Egis brand by collaborating with prospective clients, customers, government bodies, community organizations
- High level of experience in the field of engineering and consultancy.
- Demonstrates an entrepreneurial spirit and drive.
- International experience.
- Business development capabilities.
- Experience in managing P&L, legal, labor law and tax matters of an entity.
- Comfortable and experienced to work in matrix organization.
- Ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Ability to consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Leadership — the position requires a willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction.
- Initiative — the position requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Achievement/Effort — the position requires establishing and maintaining personally challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
- Excellent in English language, local language is a surplus.
Minimum level of education required
4-Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Science
Minimum level of experience required
Over 10 years