Job descriptionPosition: Guest Service Manager (Full time #530013)
Property / Office: Mandarin Oriental, Jakarta
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Duties and Responsibilities
- Offers a warm, sincere and personalized welcome and bits farewell to all guests.
- Supervises, coaches and supports all Guest Relation colleagues to ensure a smooth and efficient operation of the Guest Relation Department.
- Ensures that Legendary Quality Experience Standards are fully implemented, maintained and exceeded throughout his/her team to meet and exceed our guests' expectations.
- Creates special conversations with guests, which identifies personal preferences in order to record in each guest’s profile history.
- Is knowledgeable of all in-house and arriving guests.
- Liaises with the Front Desk and Executive Club on anticipated Guest check-ins, check-outs, room assignments, rooming lists and Group movements to ensure that arrival and departure experience are met.
- Works closely with PR department in organizing the monthly cocktail parties.
- Is aware of all daily events in the hotel.
- Handles rooms inspection or show rooms if required.
- Assists guests with onward reservations for Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group.
- Ensures proper key handling procedures are adhere to at all times.
- Communicates immediately all-important details to management and colleagues.
- Maintains a clean, neat and organized desk at all times.
- Ensures that guests history profiles providing accurate information at all times.
- Acts as a guide when guests ask for direction and physically assists them to their destination within the hotel.
- Responds to all guest needs and requests.
- Ensures and maintains a very high standard of personal hygiene, behaviour and grooming standards of colleagues.
- Handles guest complaints and comments relating to the department tactfully to achieve maximum guest satisfaction.
- Entertains guests and VIPs, building relationships with them whilst encouraging repeat custom.
- Assists reception with check-in, check-out and escorting guests to their guest room, aiding in the efficient flow of service.
- Ensures that all health and safety company standards are maintained and carried out at all times. They must be monitored regularly to assist in scoring 100% on the Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group health and safety audit.
- Promotes the hotel’s facilities to all guests and visitors.
- Carries out annual appraisals on his colleagues.
- Conducts departmental orientation for all new colleagues.
- 5 years Guest Relations experience in a luxury hotel
- 2 years’ experience as Guest Relations Manager in a luxury hotel.
- Able to communicate written and spoken English
- Excellent overall communication skills.
- Outgoing and enthusiastic personality.
- Able to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Able to work well in a team environment.
- Able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be professional and possess excellent presentation, communication, organization, and effective time management skills.
- Flexible schedules and working hours; willingness to work weekends & holidays required.
- Knowledge of computers and systems.
- Successful problem-solving skills.
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to motivate his/her team.
Advertised: 06 Jun 2022 SE Asia Standard Time
Applications close: 30 Sep 2022 SE Asia Standard Time