Job descriptionAssociate Production Engineer - ( 2200348 )
Responsible for the engineering support (as Prod. Engineer in various disciplines) during project assignments/specific tasks. The Production Engineer will be a member of the Engineering Department.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Review and understand Engineering policies and Yard procedures, participate in any improvements where required.
- Support Division Engineering for providing input to the bid and historical data from the projects.
- Attending/ provide training and provide feedback or improvement as required.
- Review Project Documents includes scope of work, project specifications and drawings.
- Review bulk (incl. top up) materials procurements process and prepare Material Purchase List.
- Review drawing, MTO and requisitions, highlight any shortages to Procurement/Project Team.
- Participate during constructability review.
- Prepare Work Pack Index and update as necessary.
- Approve relevant fabrication drawings and review Work Pack deliverables in accordance with Work Pack Index.
- Ensure materials, fabrications and installations are in accordance with the specifications and drawings.
- Check the materials on order comply with drawings, specifications and schedule requirements.
- Resolve any fabrication issues occurs in fabrication and highlight to the people concerned.
- Coordinate with shop/erection floor planning to ensure compliance with the project plan.
- Monitor progress of the shop fabrication activities and highlight any concerns raised.
- Provide erection progress input and periodic monitor project progress.
- Raise Revision Orders to the Yard personnel for any works performed outside original scope of work/change of the scope.
- Prepare and monitor punch lists.
- Coordinate materials movements within the yard includes drop off management.
- Support and adhere of the implementation of safe working practice (incl. participates to BBSM), high quality, productivity and compliance with the code of business conducts.
- Coordinating with the Piping Installation Superintendent and Mechanical Completion Team in preparing and clearing any construction punch list items and testing requirements.
- Responsible in executing Hydrotesting based on the Test Packages which are already released for testing.
- High standard of safe working practice, quality and productivity as well as compliance with the code of business conducts.
Essential Qualifications and Education:
- Min. Engineering Bachelor’s Degree
- Min. +3 years of experience in Oil & gas Construction Industry
Company Overview and Core Values:
McDermott is a premier, fully-integrated provider of technology, engineering and construction solutions to the energy industry. For more than a century, customers have trusted McDermott to design and build end-to-end infrastructure and technology solutions—from the wellhead to the storage tank—to transport and transform oil and gas into the products the world needs today.
At McDermott, we hold all employees accountable to follow our 5 core values.
- Integrity – we maintain a firm adherence to legal and ethical conduct
- One Team – we are one company, where everyone is equally important
- Go Beyond – we seek courageous and creative solutions
- Well-Being – we promote all forms of well-being
- Commitment – we are reliable and dependable in delivering quality solutions