Employment Type: Permanent
Contract Duration: Permanent
About the team you are joining
Reporting to the Country Manager, Indonesia, the incumbent will be responsible for supporting and executing IATA’s activities in Indonesia, including the delivery of IATA’s agenda and the achievement of the set objectives for the country.
What your day would be like
- Support the delivery of IATA’s agenda in Indonesia;
- In conjunction with the Country Manager, build and maintain pro-active, professional and top management level relationships with member airlines and other industry stakeholders, as well as with politicians and government officials, in all relevant parts of the host government;
- Support the Country Manager to promote IATA’s policies, positions, objectives, activities, services and products amongst airlines, governments, regional organizations and other industry stakeholders, and coordinate with the Country Manager regarding the local implementation of global projects, programmes and campaigns;
- Monitor and report on aero-political, economic and commercial developments in the country, taking or recommending actions which are consistent with IATA’s policies and objectives;
- Working closely with the Country Manager, and given local market legislation, understand local ISS governance matters, including understanding effective risk management rules for members’ funds and the forecasting of ISS market trends and risks;
- Support corporate fiscal, legal and regulatory compliance in Indonesia;
- Coordinate and deliver, in conjunction with the Country Manager, commercial and business development activities, including monitoring the market, selected customer profiles, competition trends and behaviors;
- In close co-operation with IATA’s Corporate Communications department and the Country Manager, maintain good media relationships and develop a coherent national communications strategy in support of IATA’s objectives, programmes and policy positions, whilst coordinating with the Regional Leadership Team regarding marketplace communications, especially those related to the defaults of either agents or airlines;
- Lead the organization of IATA’s events in Indonesia and support the Country Manager in representing IATA at local and regional industry events, and serve as a facilitator and host for visits of IATA’s Senior Managers and/or Subject Matter Experts; and
- Any other responsibilities, as determined by the Country Manager.
We would love to hear from you if
- You have a university degree in Business Administration, Political Science, or any other relevant discipline. An advanced University degree would be an asset;
- Minimum of fifteen years of professional experience with at least five years of experience in a similar role. Proven experience in leading teams with exceptional talents for building relationships and managing projects;
- Well-developed negotiation and lobbying skills, and possessing a high level of cultural intelligence;
- Entrepreneurial flair, with a strong sense of commercial acumen. Prior experience in sales and marketing would be an asset;
- Sound knowledge of information technology systems and their applications;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Fluency in English is essential whilst knowledge of other languages, including other regional languages, would constitute an advantage.
Travel Required: Y
Diversity and Inclusion are one of our key priorities and we want to role model it. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills in which you can contribute at your best and be who you are. The more inclusive we are, the better we will be able to thrive to represent, lead and service the airline industry. If there is anything we can do to create a more comfortable interview experience for you, please let us know.
Learn more about IATA’s role in the industry, our benefits, and the team at iata/careers/. We are looking forward to hearing from you!