Job descriptionLocation Jakarta Work Type Permanent Application Posted April 29, 2022
About the Role
As our Control & Payment Manager, you’ll be an instrumental cog in the Finance Operations team wheel of Gojek that directly impacts the company’s finance operations process. Collaborating with the AP, Treasury, and Tax teams, your main objective will be to ensure the best in a class of end-to-end controls and payment processes, constant focus on optimization as well as the development of the Control & Payment team. You will be reporting to Gojek Head of Finance Operations and collaborating closely with GoTo Group Finance & Accounting and Treasury functions.
Define strategy for controls and payments and execute it at the group level to ensure deployment of global world-class processes, systems, and methodologies. Take overall responsibility for Control & Payment performance to ensure process compliance and customer satisfaction.
What You Will Do
- Provides regional insights and subject matter expertise to support the creation and implementation of standards for the design of controls and payments processing.
- Translates strategy for control and payments into a regional application and ensures its timely delivery.
- Ensure delivery of the process according to the defined standards by working closely with their respective service delivery provider.
- Facilitates the resolution of escalated issues regarding compliance with policies and standards.
- Monitors performance of the team to ensure process execution in line with the Service level agreement and ensures the high-level performance of the control & payment team.
- A key partner for the AP team and Treasury team for implementation of initiatives to drive business performance and security of processes
What You Will Need
- A minimum 5 years of strong experience in P2P and Treasury in a multi-national environment
- Have deep understanding of performing payments in Indonesia and South East Asia, complete with market practice, and regulations surrounding payment
- Fluent in English (verbal and written) with strong interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong in internal controls, business process improvements, and project management
- Detail-oriented – must enjoy working on projects from inception until it is completed
- Comfortable with a fluid and ever-changing work environmentS
- kill in prioritizing and triaging tasks
About the Team
Our Finance Operations team, a sub-pod of the Finance, Accounting, and Tax (FAT) team, has 20 team members based in Jakarta, Indonesia. Working alongside the Accounting and Tax teams, we oversee the accounts payable, payment processing, and cash flow management of all Gojek entities in Indonesia. Currently, our team has been busy working on the alignment of policies and procedures with global standards, regulations,s and market practices, which will help Gojek to increase its competitiveness in the global market from a finance operations perspective.
As a team, we’re concerned with the growth of the company, and each other’s personal growth and well-being, too. We work hard and play hard, and believe it or not, we actually enjoy each other’s company! Off-hours, you’d probably find us snacking, drinking, and gossiping. Once COVID subsides, we’re excited to get together for our regular dinner and drinks again. We'll save a spot for you at the table!
Gojek is a Super App. It is one app for ordering food, commuting, digital payments, shopping, hyper-local delivery, and a dozen other products. We are Indonesia’s first decacorn. We are also the only Southeast Asian startup to be part of Fortune's list of 'Companies That Changed The World.'
Our Mission: To create and scale positive socio-economic impact for our customers, driver-partners, business, and MSMEs.
As of 2018, Gojek processed more than $9 billion in annualized gross transaction value across all markets where it operates - in Singapore, Vietnam, and Indonesia. We have the largest food delivery product in Asia (outside of China) and is the largest payments wallet in Southeast Asia.
Gojek contributed IDR 249 T to the Indonesian economy (equivalent to 2% of Indonesia's GDP in 2020). As of Q1 2021, the Gojek App witnessed over 190mn downloads by customers. The platform has over 2mn Driver Partners & ~900000 Merchant Partners across SEA.
About GoTo Financial
GoTo Financial brings secure, reliable, and user-friendly financial solutions to over 55 million monthly active users, more than 14 million merchants, and over 2.5 million driver-partners eager to benefit from the digital economy in the GoTo ecosystem.
GoTo Financial’s consumer services include GoPay, GoPayLater, and other financial services. We also serve businesses of all sizes through leading payment gateway Midtrans, Indonesia’s largest cloud POS network Moka and GoKasir. We also have the all-in-one merchant solution GoBiz, GoBiz Plus, GoStore, and Selly - available in Indonesia and Southeast Asia.Gojek and GoTo Financial are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and are equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, education status, or any other legally protected status.