THE ASEAN SECRETARIAT
INVITES INDONESIAN CITIZENS OR ASEAN NATIONALS
WHO ARE ALREADY RESIDING AND ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN INDONESIA
TO APPLY FOR THE FOLLOWING VACANCY
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY DIVISION
The Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) was founded in 1967 with the purpose of
promoting regional cooperation in Southeast Asia, in the spirit of equality and partnership and thereby
contribute towards peace, progress and prosperity in the region. ASEAN comprises ten (10) countries
in Southeast Asia. It was proclaimed a Community through the “Kuala Lumpur Declaration on ASEAN
2025: Forging Ahead Together”, signed by the Leaders of ASEAN Member States at the 27th ASEAN
Summit in 2015. The ASEAN 2025 calls for the ASEAN Community to forge ahead together, and to
work towards building a community that is politically cohesive, economically integrated and socially
The ASEAN Secretariat was established in 1976 by the Foreign Ministers of ASEAN with the basic
function of providing greater efficiency in the coordination of ASEAN organs and for more effective
implementation of ASEAN projects and activities. It is also envisioned to be the nerve center of a
strong and confident ASEAN Community that is globally respected for acting in full compliance with
its Charter and in the best interest of its people.
In line with the ASEAN 2025 and the key aspirations of the three ASEAN Community pillars, namely:
Political Security Community, Economic Community and Socio-Cultural Community, supported by the
Department of Community and Corporate Affairs, the ASEAN Secretariat is inviting qualified
Indonesian citizens or ASEAN Nationals who are currently residing and eligible to work in Indonesia
to apply for the position of: Secretary for Science & Technology Division.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Science & Technology Division, the Secretary shall be
1. Provide secretarial and administrative support to the Science and Technology Division
- Maintain a coherent filing system in accordance to ISO standard.
- Arrange hotel reservation, ticketing and prepare Travel Authorization for officers of the unit
- Perform other secretarial duties as assigned by the Assistant Director.
2. Coordinate and manage general correspondence
- Record incoming and outgoing letters/memos including distribution of incoming letters and
- Arrange unit schedules for appointments of the unit officers.
3. Coordinate events organised by the ASEAN Secretariat
- Services as a supporting staff in meetings organized by the ASEAN Secretariat.
- Prepare the logistics; room arrangement, distribute the material for meetings and ensure the
Qualifications and Experience:
- Completion of appropriate Diploma of Secretary, Business Administration or Public Relations, and
international organisations or the public sector.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organise tasks and work flows, with proven ability for accuracy
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels of the organisation.
- Demonstrated commitment to collaborative work practices.
- Competent level of oral and written communication skills, including experience in cross-cultural
- Competency in computer skills with adequate knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook where
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality of matters related to work place.
- Familiarity with protocol matters.
- Competent command of English, written, and spoken.
Remuneration and Benefits:
Successful candidate will be offered a basic salary of IDR 6,719,300 and attractive remuneration
package including monthly transportation allowance, outpatient medical reimbursement,
hospitalisation & life insurance, annual bonus of a month’s basic salary, and gratuity. Subject to good
performance during the probation, the candidate will be offered a fixed term contract of three (3) years,
inclusive of the 6-month probationary period.
How to apply:
Send your application to [email protected] highlighting your suitability and potential contribution
to the position together with a detailed CV, certified true copies of educational certificates and
transcripts, and complete ASEC Employment Application Form attached with recent
photograph. Applications sent without ALL the documents mentioned above will NOT be considered.
Please indicate on the subject heading: Application for Secretary Science & Technology Division.
Application documents should reach the ASEAN Secretariat by 7 July 2022. The Selection
Committee’s decision is final and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.