Job descriptionGrocery shopping is easy, said no one ever! Nobody likes cardio in the supermarket, looking for an empty parking bay, lining up and, God forbid, traffic jams. There is more to life than just reaching for that loaf of bread on the top shelf at the store. Enter the solution!
We are HappyFresh, Southeast Asia’s leading grocery e-commerce company that is hell-bent on delivering a simplified life by revolutionizing how you and many households get their groceries.
Our HappyFresh app grants access to over 400 partnered supermarkets and specialty stores that echo our cause to change the grocery shopping landscape.
Customers can also shop from our HappyFresh Supermarket, which offers greater shopping flexibility. Enjoy express and scheduled grocery deliveries, fewer out-of-stock moments, competitive prices and more.
We hold through to 5 cultural pillars that serve as our mantra behind our day-to-day tasks and interactions with our teammates, laying the foundation for a more conducive and productive work culture. They are:
Customer, Customer, Customer Ownership and Deliver Impact Team Player Openness Self Mastery
Beyond our strive towards solving the problem that is grocery shopping, we look to address the needs and wants of local communities and create a future where groceries will never be a problem in the modern world.
What Will You Do
- Create profitable customer driven ranges and promotions to deliver sales and margin targets
- Build buying plans to support delivery of the customer plan
- Hit the sales and margin targets
- Create a great range which gives customers a reason to shop with Happy Fresh Hub
- Develop supplier base to achieve competitive advantage
- Negotiate product cost and rebates to continually drive down costs for our customers
- Plan and negotiate market leading promotions
- Use the exit process to optimize sell through and minimize exit costs
- Use customer and competitor insight to inform the buying plans and trading activities so meet the customers’ needs
- Identify new innovative products and specifications for either branded or private label products
- Identify new sources of supply and negotiate terms with new suppliers
What Will You Need
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in Buying and Sourcing
- Knowledge of Range Management, Trade Planning, Supplier Management
- Have strong negotiation skills
- Strong financial acumen
- Experience of working and delivering cross functionally
- Highly Driven, Entrepreneurial and strategic thinker.
- Strong 'hands-on' people management, interpersonal skills, stakeholder management, team building, leadership and coaching skills.
What's In It For You
- HappyFit: fun exercise programs alongside professional trainers.
- HappyMind: free psychological consultation to keep your mental health on track.
- HappyBenefit: allowance for health activities and health-related items.
- LinkedIn Learning access for all courses!
- Discounts on grocery shopping on our HappyFresh app.
- Competitive compensation package including medical, dental, maternal insurance and more.
- No Meeting Thursday: an internal initiative for HappyFreshers to engage in deeper work task focus without distractions.
- Additional 1 day annual leave for each work anniversary.
- Birthday leave.
- Occasional celebration for team engagements.
- All-access to snacks in our pantry.
- Hybrid working environment with dynamic and international colleagues.
We place safety for HappyFreshers first. Hence why, we take extensive measures to ensure you stay safe and healthy in body, mind, and soul through our various online and offline activities.
See what it's like to work here: http://happyfresh.com/careers