A five stars luxury hotel and suites in Papua New Guinea is looking for a talented and enthusiastic Pastry Sous Chef (Full-time).
- Help in the preparation and design of all food and drinks menus
- Produce high-quality and creatively designed desserts, such as cakes and pastries
- Produce high-quality garnishes and centerpieces
- Ensure that the kitchen operates in a timely way that meets our quality standards
- Fill in for the Executive Chef in planning and directing food when necessary
- Resourcefully solve any issues that arise and seize control of any problematic situation
- mentor and train kitchen staff, establish working schedule and assess staff’s performance
- Develop and manage the dessert menu rotation for the outlets
- Order supplies to stock inventory daily and weekly
- Comply with and enforce sanitation regulations and safety standards to maintain a safe and hygienic kitchen
- Check daily production schedule and staff allocation of duties
- Handle the roster for all staff
- hold daily briefings, giving clear and concise direction to the staff
- Indonesian Citizen
- Proficient in written and verbal English communication
- Proven work experience as a Sous Chef or similar role
- Able to delegate and lead staff
- Well-organized with multi-tasking skills
- Able to organize and plan large platted/ buffet banquet events
- Experience with writing recipes
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Capable of working in a professional manner at all times
- Possesses a resilient, proactive and flexible attitude
- Able to train the existing and new staff
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Attention to detail, critical thinker and problem-solver
- Able to work hard and love pastry work and enjoy developing and adding value to the team and hotel
Job Type: Full-time
- Do you have any working experience as a Junior Pastry Sous Chef?
- Are you willing to work in Papua New Guinea?
- Do you have any experience working in 5 star hotel?
- English (Required)