Hitachi Energy is a pioneering technology leader that is helping to increase access to affordable, reliable, sustainable, and modern energy for all. We help keep your lights on, the factories running, our hospitals and schools open. Come as you are and prepare to get better as you learn from others. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and plug into a team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Innovation
The Hitachi Energy business offers power and automation products, systems, service and software solutions across the generation, transmission, and distribution value chain. Hitachi Energy Grid Automation team provide the most complete digital portfolio in the industry, offering our customers with end-to-end solutions. Combining our products with our exceptional expertise allows us to provide innovative solutions to energize the digital grid. This role as Hub Engineering Manager - APAC leads several engineering teams within a business unit. Drive team’s performance to ensure that safety, integrity, financial and contractual requirements are met. Initiate and drive continuous improvement activities across teams.
- Leads engineering teams which are responsible for several projects or sector areas and ensures delivery of a portfolio of projects on time, in full. Provides direction to the teams with a focus on safety, on time delivery, quality, and margin improvement
- Builds and maintains customer relationships, seeks feedback, and provides innovative solutions to meet customer requirements and deliver improvements. Provides engineering support during the bid phase, supports presentation of proposals to customers. Works with business development to target new opportunities Presents new technology and innovation at conferences, client events
- Oversees offshore back office work within one’s area of responsibility. Conducts regular progress reviews, identifies, and manages contractual risks
- Plans, forecasts, evaluates, and manages workload to ensure engineering teams are adequately resourced, developed and equipped to meet business needs. Oversees planning and control process in the engineering teams.
- Conducts regular reviews to ensure that the teams are delivering work according to the customer and Hitachi Energy requirements
- Creates and implements plans to ensure that business risks are identified and managed, opportunities maximized. Ensures that required systems are understood, developed and correctly implemented
- Collaborates with the Supply Chain function to ensure that correct suppliers services and equipment are available to support the engineering execution
- Facilitates best practice sharing within the engineering team
- Initiates and drives continuous improvement activities.
- Develops, implements, and improves relevant processes, policies, and procedures to improve effectiveness across the engineering function
- Ensures (with HR support) that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed. Guides, motivates, coaches and develops employees reporting directly
- and indirectly, within HR policies
- Creates financial plans and budget estimates for unit/business area. Oversees adherence to these plans and estimates
- Living Hitachi Energy core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 15 years of experience in Electrification, Power generation or Power T&D in similar role
- Experience across Electrical Industry, Utilities, Power T&D or Power Systems projects an advantage.
- Knowledge of Quality standards, Lean Six Sigma and Continuous Improvement methodologies from Value engineering & problem-solving perspective will be a plus.
- Awareness of power system technology, safety and IEC/IEEE standards
- Advanced computer skills across MS Office, MS Teams, Outlook, SharePoint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, high attention to detail
- Expresses opinions, able to work with multiple stakeholders and positions
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader with a combined heritage of almost 250 years, employing around 36,000 people in 90 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, the business serves utility, industry and infrastructure customers across the value chain, and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage and data centers. With a proven track record, global footprint and unparalleled installed base, Hitachi Energy balances social, environmental and economic values, and is committed to powering good for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. www.hitachienergy.com
Location Jakarta, DKI Jakarta Jakarta, Indonesia
Job type Full-Time
Type of role Middle Management / Senior Management