Job descriptionLocation Jakarta Work Type Permanent Application Posted February 14, 2022
About the Role
Are you someone who's looking to solve problems that matter? Someone who thrives on the balance of business goals and users' needs? Are you looking to work with people who see failures as growth opportunities? We have good news for you.
Gojek Design is looking for a Product Design Lead to join us in our effort to democratize advertisements to the masses. We’re on the journey to shift the mindset of promo & advertising from something that disrupts interaction, to an opportunity to discover new content that is delightful, impactful, and personal. We're offering a playground to experiment and ship exceptional solutions to a diverse set of problems. You'll be working with Gojek leaders to define the roadmap, goals, and vision of the product and spearhead the stride to deliver exceptional user experiences. Your designs will impact tens of millions of Gojek users and partners.
What Will You Do
- Help define the roadmap, goals, and vision for the product
- Define the principles to be followed by members of the design & research function, and drive for its utilization along the design process
- Work with product, business, marketing, research, data and engineering heads to build/improve user experience towards that vision
- Define the best tactical approach to cater both of the users and business needs and deliver delightful solutions that drive impact
- Create stellar design documentation & help establish processes to ensure seamless collaboration
- Mentor and coach a team of designers, provide them with a path to career success
- And most importantly, ensure that your team's mental health is kept in check
What Will You Need
- At least 4 years of experience in leading a team of designers with openness to explore new grounds
- Proficiency in product design with extensive and demonstrated expertise in visual hierarchy, layout, and information architecture
- Ability to draw insights from both qualitative & quantitative data, and further identify problem areas to work on
- Ability to measure good design and its impact on business
- Good knowledge in design fundamentals, such as design thinking frameworks, and ability to take on a structured approach in solving problems
- Excellent organizational, project management, and collaboration skills to manage a wide range of stakeholders
About the Team
Financial services platform is Gojek’s financial services arm, working to provide responsible & sustainable financial services to Gojek's three main segments: consumers, merchant-partners, and driver-partners. Our team operates with the fundamental belief that financial inclusion can unlock the doors to a better quality life, both in the present as well as in the long term. With our "user first" mindset, we aim to transform the financial services sector in Southeast Asia, starting with Indonesia.
Combating remote work has brought us even closer, with frequent catch-ups over tea and sharing ways we have been keeping ourselves sane. Along with our desire to utilize smart technology and innovative engineering strategies to make people’s lives easier, our team also bonds over our shared love for reading, gaming, and drinking lots of coffee. We work hard and play hard, and believe it or not, we actually enjoy each other’s companion