- Department: Market Innovation
- Location(s): Denpasar, Bali
- Commitment: 1 year contract
- Desired start date and duration: 1 June 2022 to 30 May 2023
- Under direction of: Supply Chain ME – Senior Associate Asia Pacific
About the Rainforest Alliance
Rainforest Alliance, a New York-based 501(c)3, and UTZ, an Amsterdam-based foundation, merged in 2018. Together, the new Rainforest Alliance is now a $70 million per year organization with offices in 17 countries (and growing) and over 5000 staff. The merged organization has two main offices—one in Amsterdam and one in New York City.
The Rainforest Alliance is creating a more sustainable world by using social and market forces to protect nature and improve the lives of farmers and forest communities.
We work towards making responsible business the new normal through our certification program, tailored supply chain services, landscape and community work and advocacy.
Rainforest Alliance and Nescafe (Nestle) collaborate in 15+ global coffee origins to conduct monitoring and evaluation (ME) in coffee supply chains. Rainforest Alliance implement the monitoring and evaluation of Nescafe Plan project which implements sustainable coffee project focus on best agricultural practices, regenerative agriculture, farm economics, and agripreneurship/recordkeeping, supporting coffee farmers in across countries. Therefore, Rainforest Alliance is looking for a data assistant to support managing monitoring and evaluation data collected from coffee farmer samples in each project location in the templates provided by Rainforest Alliance and Nescafe team.
The monitoring and evaluation partner will coordinate the work plan and implementation progress with Senior Associate Supply Chain Monitoring and Evaluation Asia Pacific and Nescafe team.
The monitoring and evaluation data assistant supports Rainforest Alliance in managing the ME data in the database, including ensure the data clean up, data quality control, and uploading into database system.
Contractor Services at a minimum, must include:
1. Migrate ME data from survey data entry template into database template provided by Rainforest Alliance and Nescafe team.
2. Maintain ME data and ensure the data quality control in database system.
3. Support ME data cleaning and review (if needed.)
4. Attend regular meetings with Rainforest Alliance and Nescafe team.
1. ME survey data are migrated into database template provided by Rainforest Alliance and Nescafe team.
2. ME data in the database system is maintained and data quality control is implemented.
3. ME data cleaning and review is completed.
4. Regular meetings with Rainforest Alliance and Nescafe team are attended.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- At least 2-3 years of experience in data management, or monitoring and evaluation
- Skilled user of databases for entering, processing, and cleaning data
- Demonstrated attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Good knowledge of MS Excel
- Good knowledge of agriculture supply chain, a plus
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and flexible approaches to problem solving with demonstrated experience in setting priorities
- Strong people skills and ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Excellent English communication skills (oral and written)
Proposal Process and Format
Please send the following documentation no later than May 23, 2022. Interested parties should apply to Rainforest Alliance: [email protected] and include the curriculum vitae and cover letter. Selected candidates will be notified via email.