THE ASEAN SECRETARIAT
INVITES INDONESIAN CITIZENS OR ASEAN NATIONALS
WHO ARE ALREADY RESIDING AND ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN INDONESIA
TO APPLY FOR THE FOLLOWING VACANCY
LAND TRANSPORT OFFICER
The Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) was founded in 1967 with the purpose of promoting
regional cooperation in Southeast Asia, in the spirit of equality and partnership and thereby contribute
towards peace, progress and prosperity in the region. It was proclaimed a Community through the “Kuala
Lumpur Declaration on ASEAN 2025: Forging Ahead Together”, signed by the ASEAN Leaders during their
27th Summit in November 2015, calling the ASEAN Community to work towards building a community that
is politically cohesive, economically integrated and socially responsible.
The ASEAN Secretariat was established in 1976 by the Foreign Ministers of ASEAN, with the basic function
of providing greater efficiency in the coordination of ASEAN organs and for more effective implementation
of ASEAN projects and activities, and envisioned to be the nerve center of a strong and confident ASEAN
In alignment with the Kuala Lumpur Declaration on ASEAN 2025, and key aspirations of the three pillars;
ASEAN Political Security Community (APSC), ASEAN Economic Community (AEC) and ASEAN Socio-
Cultural Community (ASCC), supported by the Department of Community and Corporate Affairs (CCA),
the ASEAN Secretariat is inviting qualified Indonesian citizens or ASEAN Nationals who are currently
residing and recruited in Indonesia to apply for the position of Land Transport Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Assistant Director/Head Transport Division and Senior Officer Land Transport, ASEAN
Economic Community Department, the Officer shall largely be responsible to:
1. Provide technical and administrative support to the ASEAN Sectoral Bodies in charge of
land transport and transport facilitation cooperation, i.e. ASEAN Transit Transport
Coordinating Board, Transport Facilitation Working Group, Land Transport Working
Group and Special Working Group on Singapore-Kunming Rail Link, as well as their
special/sub working groups:
- Prepare background papers, reports and updates on land transport and transport facilitation for
- Assist in the rapporteur works in the meetings.
- Coordinate the follow up actions and decisions.
- Coordinate in arranging schedules of meetings.
- Develop/maintain database of ASEAN land transport and transport facilitation.
- Develop/maintain transport statistical databases in the ASEAN.
2. Provide administrative support with respect to implementation of programmes and
projects related to land transport and transport facilitation:
- Assist in the formulation, appraisal and implementation of programmes/projects.
- Maintain an information system on the overall status of projects.
- Coordinate and monitor the implementation of projects of the ASEAN Transit Transport
Group and its special/sub working groups.
3. Provide technical and administrative support in the implementation of programmes for
- Assist in maintaining the progress of implementation of the Kuala Lumpur Transport Strategic
(MPAC) and Transit Transport Coordinating Body (TTCB) Overall Work Plan.
- Assist in updating the ASEAN Economic Community (AEC) scorecard/Key Performance
- Coordinate with other Divisions in updating the progress of KLTSP, MPAC and AEC
- Coordinate and facilitate the implementation of transport projects, programmes and activities with
4. Provide technical and administrative support with respect to programmes and projects of
transport cooperation with Dialogue Partners and international organisations:
- Keep updates on the progress of the programmes and projects.
- Assist in coordinating with Member States and Dialogue/Development Partners on the
Qualifications and Experience:
- Advanced university (Master’s or equivalent) degree in Transport Planning, Engineering,
Economics/Science or an appropriate related field or discipline that can support the work on
international and regional transport cooperation; or Bachelor’s degree with a minimum two (2) years
of relevant work experience in area related to transport.
- Demonstrated technical skills and knowledge in the relevant area and ability to quickly acquire
- Proven skills in problem solving in a complex organizational environment and in work planning.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, implement, monitor and review policy and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize tasks and work flows, with proven ability for accuracy
under pressure and adherence to deadlines.
- Very good written and oral communication skills in English.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including experience in cross-cultural environment and international
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain sound working relationships with stakeholders.
- Demonstrated commitment to collaborative work practices.
- Competency in computer skills with adequate knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook where
relevant to the position.
- Ability to travel.
Remuneration and Benefits:
Successful candidate will be offered a basic salary of IDR 16,835,950 and attractive remuneration package
including monthly transportation allowance, outpatient medical reimbursement, hospitalisation & life
insurance, annual bonus of a month’s basic salary, and gratuity. Subject to good performance during the
probation, the candidate will be offered a fixed term contract of three (3) years, inclusive of the 6-month
How to apply
Send your application to [email protected] highlighting your suitability and potential contribution to the
position together with a detailed CV, certified true copies of educational certificates and transcripts,
and complete ASEC Employment Application Form attached with recent photograph.
Applications sent without ALL the documents mentioned above will NOT be considered.
Please indicate on the subject heading: Application for Land Transport Officer.
Application documents should reach the ASEAN Secretariat by 10 June 2022. The Selection Committee’s
decision is final and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.