Job descriptionPosition: Chef de Partie Pastry (Full time #529731)
Property / Office: Mandarin Oriental, Jakarta
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reports directly to the Pastry Chef.
- To be responsible for supervising the assigned station within the Pastry Kitchen.
- To ensures that his/her station is managed efficiently and according to the established concept statements.
- To supervise the Commis de cuisine, Demichef de cuisine and the assigned kitchen Trainees.
- To ensure that the Fire Life Health Safety and Security company standards and HACCP Standards are maintained and carried out. They must be monitored regularly to assist in scoring 100% on the MOHG health and safety audit.
- Organize food production in a cost effective and hygienic manner.
- Prepare menu in accordance with quality, availability and seasonality ingredients and ensure market lists are completed on a daily and weekly basis.
- Constantly strive to improve operating procedures.
- To perform opening and closing procedures established for the assigned station.
- Identify opportunities for improving the efficiency of the operation of the assigned work station that will benefit our guests.
- Identify opportunities for reducing costs without affecting the level of service or product received by our guests.
- Use the Colleague Handbook in understanding the consistent way of Communicating Rules & Regulation to our Team.
- Controls the effort of superior Cleanness throughout the assigned work station.
- Control all efforts that our entire superior Save and Sound codes are in place at all times.
- Perform any other reasonable duties as required by the Assistant Pastry Chef and/or Pastry Chef from time to time.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Two year degree or Apprenticeship.
- Current Sanitation class certificate.
- Minimum of 2 years in the luxury hotel culinary business.
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a Chef de Partie (Pastry Kitchen).
- Thorough knowledge of Gastronomy.
- Extensive knowledge of kitchen equipment.
- Working knowledge of mathematics for recipes, ordering, and financial research purposes.
- Working knowledge of computers and basic software.
- Ability to dictate responsibility, pay attention to detail, handle multiple tasks and show a high level of patience.
- Possess a good written and verbal command of the Indonesian and English Language.
- Possess a pleasant and outgoing personality.
- Passionate, creative and an excellent hands on trainer.
Advertised: 12 May 2022 SE Asia Standard Time
Applications close: 31 Jul 2022 SE Asia Standard Time